Solar Systems USA Free Solar Kit Proposal

Monday, May 13, 2013

What plans?





As a side note I am not into writing a blog every day, or at all. I think my private information is just that; private? But, since I have learned so much from reading other peoples blogs, I almost feel obligated to write one too. Maybe someone can read about my experiences (bad), and learn from them. I have avoided many bad experiences by remembering what others have done. So, I will try to do this blog thingy regardless. It may be more sporadic than consistent, but then again I may become arrogant and assume I am an expert at boating, and that anyone reading this will gainfully acquire a wealth of knowledge!

I didn’t mention in the first blog that while I was in Europe and the Middle East our boat took on a good bit of water. Dwight came to the rescue, and pumped it all out. The boat was listing a good bit. With that in mind it is no wonder we had some damage.

When we got the boat and began remodeling it I made sure that anything that went into the boat was plastic if possible. That way if it got wet we wouldn’t have to worry about rot, mildew, etc. The refrigerator died on us, but we had two others in the garage, so we just replaced it. Our outboard motor battery was under water for some time, but failed to realize that when submerged for any length of time it will ruin. It somehow came out unscathed?

Well, the plan is changed. Dwight found out that he has previous pending obligations to attend to, which will interrupt our planned schedule to sail to Key Largo by the 10th of June. What to do?

For one thing, while Dwight is available, we could cruise around up and down the GICW to test our systems out. That would be a good thing. Just because the math works out that doesn’t mean all of the systems will work. The boat is totally solar/wind powered except for the 115 Johnson motor I use for a rudder and occasional backing. We don’t go fast but we go for free. And, if you are in no hurry, and have all of the comforts of home, why be concerned how far you can go in a day?


Plans are always good to have, but as you know plans are just guidelines that are subject to change!

No comments:

Post a Comment