Solar Systems USA Free Solar Kit Proposal

Friday, May 24, 2013

Driving via video


Now, before anyone gets negative on me, we must realize that we are in the technology renaissance period in time; as it were. And, with that being said, I feel it is necessary to continue to do my part to proliferate the convenience of the technology available to me. In my last post I expounded on the need to have remote control steering. Now I have that. So, if I were to think it too hot to stand outside while driving, what can I do? Well, there are many things that can be done, but one of the ideas that came to me was to drive via video!

I am putting a web cam facing the front of the boat, so that I can drive the boat without looking ahead. Now, if I decide not to get up in the morning to drive all day, I can stay in bed, drive the boat remotely, and watch a Netflix movie all from the confines of my air conditioned bedroom in the back of the boat. I realize that the old salts and purists would be out travelling around without any electrical devices, a block of fast melting ice, a compass, sextant, dividers, and a paper nautical map sprawled out on the table, but for me I will follow the technology all the way.

I know where I am because the GPS that is connected to my computer, which has PolarView and PolarCOM on it, continues to give me direction among lots of other nautical information necessary to navigate through the water.

7 days more to go before lift off!!

I believe I now know the meaning of being an armchair sailor/boater!


No comments:

Post a Comment