Solar Systems USA Free Solar Kit Proposal

Saturday, May 25, 2013

Got Ice!




Some may think it is foolish; some may think it cool, but I think it is amazing to watch the new ice maker pop out fresh ice in minutes! If I was a party person: had a party, had guests that like to party, and even had a blender, I would definitely be the boat that they all would come back to. This little jewel can pop ice faster than the kids can eat it!!

But, since we are not drinkers, and do not have drinking parties, we will have to settle with bringing the blender along to make smoothies!

Today, May 25th, 2013, Lynda stocked up some of the groceries we will be taking along on the trip. She picked up a couple of plastic bins, which fit under our bed to store food stuff, and clothes. She also hemmed up our curtain that slides across to enclose our bedroom. After a few minutes of hanging that up, the room was cold enough to keep meat! I am confident that having a refuge from the heat is paramount to maximizing the enjoyment of camping on the water.

Load, load, Load, is all that we will be doing for the next five days. The good thing is that our boat has much more room than the sailboat did.

Although I did not run the math before I put together my crane, I think it will handle my dinghy's weight. I will be adding my dinghy to the boat inventory soon.

Yes, like many other boat bloggers that I have read about, we fall into the same category as all the rest when I say that we are a bit anxious to start our trip! If I have read it once I have read it, well a lot; that leaving the home dock is the hardest part. Leaving this dock will not be difficult. The difficult part of leaving has more to do with forgetting things that we should have brought.

Now, today, we are entertaining taking the Keys route again. It is all about the heat index. I never gave the heat a thought all of those years that I worked out in it, but today is different. So, our plan is to keep the plan open to change!

No comments:

Post a Comment