Solar Systems USA Free Solar Kit Proposal

Monday, May 20, 2013

My Solar Array





Even though I had just started this blog a few days ago, I have been getting questions about the solar system I have running. I signed up for a yahoo group: Yahoo electricboats Many of the people on that group have excellent ideas and experience to help get an electric propulsion system going.

On my boat we have
6- Pm 280 W
Vmp     36.7 V
Imp      7.63 A
Voc      44.4 V
Isc        8.14 A
Max sys voltage            1000 V
Module Efficiency         14.3%
PTC rating        249.3
solar panels. I have a PCM-4048 MPPT charge controller that charges my 4-24 volt motor battery banks, and another 24 volt to 12 volt charge controller that charges my 12 volt house bank, which is comprised of 4- 12 volt batteries in a parallel array. I will also add my 3 12 volt 105 Amp golf cart batteries for a backup, or ballast whichever deems more necessary.

Although the current solar panels suffice for the power demand I need, I would like to add a few more just because. I can use them to make a porch roof on the back of the houseboat, and then look for other electrical devices to add.

The ease of installation and the simplicity of the solar array cannot be overstated. As for the rest of the list of projects, there seems to be no end. I pull out of the marina regardless on May 31st!

No comments:

Post a Comment