Solar Systems USA Free Solar Kit Proposal

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Dead Batteries


Since the flood of water in the boat, I have come to the conclusion that I cannot resurrect my house bank of batteries. They shorted out to 9.38 volts. I got them to hold at 12.35 volts, but that isn't going to make it.

We run all of our electrical devices such as refrigerator, microwave, crock pot, electric skillet, water pump, etc. from this bank. It was only 420 amps, but nonetheless we will not be leaving with them. I will try to get them replaced by this weekend.

In a way it is good that Dwight's plans changed because it makes it possible for us to get the batteries changed, and install the window shaker air conditioner. The air conditioner that came with the boat works well, but when we are not hooked up to a 30 amp service it will not run off the inverter. 16,500 BTUs' are a bit too many to for our system. The 6,000 BTU unit will suffice, and we can run it off the house bank of batteries with the solar array, or off the 800/1000 watt gas generator. We prefer running it off the solar array.

I will be installing the 6,000 BTU unit this week.

It never fails: "the list never ends!"

Our new plan of attack is to get the boat to Ft. Meyers/Sanibel area in time for Lynda, Sara, and the girls to jump aboard for a few days. Then Lynda and I will cross over to Stuart via the Okeechobee waterway.

In the mean time I have acquired a different type of mouse trap to catch the little pirate on our boat. He set off three traps so far without being caught, but I think this new one may get him. I will post the obituary when I have a body!!!

1 comment:

  1. Great idea for a blog. Keep at it and I'll bet you get a following!

    ReplyDelete